Argentina has become one of the world's top tier rugby nations and as hosts they will offer genuine competition and warm hospitality.
The inaugural World Schools Rugby Challenge will be held in Buenos Aires, Argentina - kicking off in late September 2019. The tournament provides the perfect opportunity for school teams of all levels to challenge themselves against other teams from all over the world.
This isn't just about the top teams from top schools.
While the World Schools Rugby Challenge is a highly competitive tournament, don't think you have to be an elite level school team to enter. In fact, we created this tournament so that teams of all abilities could enjoy the on and off-field experience of an overseas tour.
In short, every team is welcome and every team will be graded to ensure games are competitive and not mismatches. So come along and play!
- Three matches guaranteed
- Two social functions - Welcome Function and Grand Finale Awards Dinner
- Authentic estancia experience in Argentinian cowboy country (see below)
- Opportunity to soak up Argentinian culture
- Explore Buenos Aires - one of the world's great cities
- Be personally guided by professional English-speaking guides
The World Schools Rugby Challenge is open to any school-age rugby team from around the world and we welcome teams of all abilities.
There are a variety of grades that are available to both boys and girls teams:
- BOYS SEVENS
- GIRLS SEVENS
- BOYS XV
- GIRLS XV
Saddle up for a visit to
Estancia Don Silvano
Gauchos (cowboys) have a rich history in Argentina. In fact, these skilled horseman renowned for their bravery became a national symbol of the country. At the World Schools Rugby Challenge, all teams will be able to learn about the gauchos cultural tradition at Estancia Don Silvano – a working ranch 90 minutes drive from central Buenos Aires. This memorable day trip also includes a delicious lunch, live entertainment and much much more.
- Welcome with empanadas (baked pastries) and beverages
- Horseback riding or a horse-drawn cart ride
- View old farm machinery and vintage cars
- Lesson on how to prepare and drink Yerba mate (local tea)
- Traditional BBQ lunch
- Live cultural entertainment
- Horsemanship exhibition