— Date and location to be announced —
Open to any school golf teams around the world.
The objectives of the challenge are:
- To encourage participation and development of golf within high schools and the educational system.
- To assist promising high school golfers to continue to develop their skills on new courses and in friendly competition with players from throughout the golfing world.
- To provide a solid base for young golfers to plan their golfing future.
- To provide educational opportunities and experiences for students with an interest in golf.
- To promote the enjoyment and qualities of golf as a recreational alternative for students regardless of their golfing abilities.
The World Schools Golf Challenge (WSGC) will include a four round team
and individual strokeplay event.
Teams can be girls, boys or mixed, this format has proved very popular. Over the years it has been very satisfying to see some of our participants go on to win national championships, play on US college teams and carve out careers as professional golfers. Handicaps range from scratch to 20 plus with the players being put in a different four each day to maximise the opportunity for interaction. This event is considered a great learning experience for young golfers of all levels.