The fine details.
1. The Rules of Golf, as adopted by the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews, will apply together with such local rules as are approved by the Tournament Committee.
2. The decision of the Tournament Committee will be final in all matters relating to the Tournament. Protests must be made to the Tournament Committee not later than 15 minutes after the conclusion of the day’s play.
3. The event format will be morning or afternoon starts. A separate draw will be made for each round and provided at registration.
4. Trophies for the 72 hole event will be made to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place getters in each individual handicap division (gross and nett) and Teams Combined Nett and Gross.The results as calculated and publicised by the Tournament organisers will be final.
5. The Tournament Committee reserves the right to vary any condition of this event without notice.
6. Players must register at least 30 minutes prior to the start time of their round and be in position on the start tee 10 minutes prior to the start time. The penalty for breach of this rule is disqualification.
7. Pace of Play will be strictly enforced. Each group must maintain its position on the course with respect to the group preceding it. Any group with a clear hole in front of it will be considered out of position. Penalties will be issued to individuals in such groups who by their pace contribute to such delay. Warnings may not be issued prior to the penalties.
8. The best 3 scores of each team (gross and nett), each day will count for the teams total.
9. The following count back method shall be used to decide winners in the event of ties:
If teams are tied at the end of 72 holes:
(a) The combined scores over each day from Day 4 back to Day 1 shall be used.
(b) If still tied then the individual score of the non-counting player from Day 4 back to Day 1 shall be used.
Individual 72 hole event:
The score of the last 18 holes will be used and if still tied the last 9 holes (as per the card) shall be used; if there is still a tie then hole by hole back from the 18th
10. In the event that weather conditions prevent all players from finishing their round, the whole days play will be cancelled and the Tournament reduced accordingly.
11. Teams will consist of 4 players – boys, girls or a mix of boys and girls. Teams must be declared at registration. Players can only be substituted after the start of the Tournament but not during a round due to a verifiable medical problem sustained after the start of the tournament. Any player substituted must be a student of that school for their score to count in the teams event.
12. All competitors must walk the course during play. To obtain an exemption a medical certificate must provided to the organizers no later than April 1, 2019.
Only that player will be permitted to occupy the electric cart during play with a driver if necessary.
1. Competitors are deemed to have read and accepted all conditions and the Tournament rules and all additional matters relating to the conduct of the Tournament to be displayed on boards outside the Tournament Office and at the respective Tournament host clubs during the Tournament.
2. All prizes awarded for the Tournament are final and not transferable.
3. All competitors participate in the Tournament at their own risk. The Tournament Committee, VSL, One Turn Trading Ltd, the Tournament sponsors, the Tournament Host Clubs, and other suppliers to the Tournament of goods or services jointly and severally accept no liability for death, sickness, injury, property loss or damage howsoever incurred by or incurring to competitors, non playing companions/spouses, spectators or other invitees during or arising out of any aspect or presentation of the Tournament, whatsoever or howsoever.
4. The Tournament organisers, and Match Committee of the Tournament, together with the management of the Tournament Host Clubs, will not be held responsible for any cancellation of the Tournament (in part or whole) due to circumstances beyond their control. In such circumstances no refunds will be given.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. All team leaders must complete and sign the Tournament Terms and Conditions of Entry and Waiver Release and Indemnification form which will be sent to teams as entries are received.
2. The World Schools Golf Challenge (‘the Tournament’) shall be under the management and control of the Tournament Committee whose decisions on all matters relating to the Tournament will be final.
3. Team members must be aged 13-19 (inclusive) (as at the commencing date of the Tournament) and current pupils or immediate past pupils of the same school. ‘Immediate past’ shall be interpreted as meaning that such pupils must have left school within 12 months of the commencement of the Tournament.
4. The Tournament is a 72 hole teams and single stroke – nett and gross event played over four days. Competition rounds will be conducted on April 15, 16, 18, 19 2019.
5. Competitors must have an official handicap. Golf RSA or the international equivalent must endorse this handicap.
6. When completing registration formalities at the Tournament Office competitors must produce for inspection by the Tournament Referee (or his representative) a current original handicap card to the nearest decimal point, signed after April 1, 2019. Such card being signed or certified by the Secretary-Manager, General Manager or authorized official of his/her home golf club. Any competitor who does not comply with this handicap verification may participate in the Tournament but will not be eligible for any titles or have their score count towards a team total.
7. Team leaders of all teams participating in the Tournament must register their team(s) at the Tournament Office (venue will be advised) immediately prior to the team manager’s briefing meeting and collect Tournament documentation and information packs. Official handicaps will be checked at this time. Teams failing to register may, at the discretion of the Tournament Committee, have their entry rights to the Tournament withdrawn. The Tournament Committee reserves the right to waive this condition in special individual circumstances.
8. Players will be graded into one of 4 grades based on official handicaps. The four grades (and the range of handicaps) will be determined following receipt of all entries and every effort will be made to have equal numbers in each grade.
9. Teams or groups must be accompanied by a coach and/or teacher and/or caregiver on a ratio of 1 per 8 pupils.
10. The maximum playing handicap will be 21.
11. Pre-existing medical conditions must be advised to the Tournament Organisers at the time of entry.
WAIVER, RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION:
1. The Team:
(a) Agrees to comply with the Tournament Terms and Conditions of Entry as supplied by the Tournament organisers (as detailed above) and with all other rules, regulations and instructions associated with the Tournament as provided from time to time by the Tournament organisers or its directors; and
(b) Waives and releases the Tournament, its committee, its officers, directors, members, volunteers, host clubs, employees, agents, sponsors, the City of Cape Town, One Turn Trading Ltd, Vintage Sport and Leisure Limited and any and all of their executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors and assigns (“the Released Parties”) from any and all claims the team may have against them as a result of participating in the Tournament and any activities or events related to it, including, but not limited to, any costs, including lawyers fees, incurred as a result of any such claim, irrespective of that claim’s validity; and
(c) Indemnifies the Released Parties from and against any and all liabilities including any claims, losses, liabilities, costs, damages, charges and expenses which such Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any claims or proceedings brought, or threatened to be brought, against them by the Team; and
(d) Releases and indemnifies the Released Parties from any and all liability that might result from any injury, accident, illness or death during the Tournament or any activity or event related to it.
2. The Team acknowledges that it has sole responsibility for its golf equipment, goods and possessions during the Tournament and any activities or events related to it. No claim shall in any circumstances be made against the Released Parties in relation to the loss of, or damage to, any Team equipment, goods or other possessions.
3. The Tournament, through Vintage Sport & Leisure Ltd (‘VSL’), and their sponsors will arrange publicity before and during the Tournament in the media, by live and recorded radio and television broadcasting, and by filming. All competitors consent to references of them and pictures of them in practice and play appearing and being used for commercial purposes by the Tournament/VSL and its sponsors. The Tournament may use the names of the Team, its individual members and their images in any broadcast, telecast, press statement or publication, so long as the purpose of such use is related solely to the Tournament and its organisation
4. For the purposes of this document the Team shall include all members attending the 2019 Tournament, both playing and non-playing, their executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors and assigns.